Thank you! Your application has been submitted.
1: Book a Volunteer Pre-Screen
Please click HERE to book a volunteer pre-screen phone call with our team. We would love to chat with you in the next 3 business days, our office hours range from 7am to 8pm. During the phone call we will:
- Answer any questions you might have
- Confirm your eligibility
- Confirm your program selection
- Discuss remaining enrollment requirements and timelines
2: Encourage Your References to Check Their E-Mail
Please encourage your references to check their email (including the junk mail folder) for a link to provide a reference online, alternatively, you can also send them this link (https://bbbsstrathcona.ca/volunteer/provide-a-reference/). We recommend completing the reference on a computer as sometimes the reference gets “lost” when submitted from a mobile device.
3: Online Orientation
I: Follow this link to set up your account: http://moodle.albertamentors.ca
II: Create a New Account (right hand side of the screen)
- a) Choose a username and password (username does not have to be related to your personal name)
- b) Choose the organization name: BGCBIGS Edmonton
III: You will now be emailed a confirmation link (you must wait for this email and then follow the link to access the online training)
- a) Follow the confirmation link emailed to you
- b) Choose the course: Orientation for Mentors: Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area
- c) Choose either;
– Online Orientation for Mentors 2020 (English)
– Orientation en ligne pour les mentors 2020 (Francais)
IV: Read through the Orientation for Mentors Module and complete the Orientation for Mentors Quiz. BGCBigs will have access to the results of all questions within the training.
Once completed, you may choose to receive a Certificate of Completion by email. Our agency will be alerted once you have completed the Quiz.
If you have any difficulties with accessing this training, please email the system administrator at Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org.
4: Watch the video below for an example of the kind of impact mentors like you can make!
Our office will connect with you upon processing your application but feel free to screen shot this information for your reference.